The Idea of the Week
Perhaps at some point you’ve told someone “I feel behind in life” and they say, “it’s never too late.” From there, you develop the Plan to Catch Up in Life. But…then catching up feels like an overwhelming, insurmountable task. How can you catch up when you are so far behind? So, you turn to distractions to cope with this overwhelming feeling but inevitably fall further behind…It becomes a vicious cycle.
In this 45-minute video, Dr. K from HealthyGamerGG touches on a few points that we should keep in mind when we have fallen behind:
- The person who needs to catch up is the same person who fell behind (this is you). When we make a Plan to Catch Up in Life, we lose track of the fact that there is a reason we fell behind in the first place. Until we account for this, it will be difficult to catch up.
- Acknowledge that external answers may not immediately seem to work.
- We often hear the advice: “Life is not a race. Go your own unique journey.” But the challenge is that, while life is not a race, there is still competition, such as applying for a job. Dr. K offers that working on yourself can actually advance your ability to win that competition.
- Feeling behind is difficult to deal with, and it’s okay to feel like you’re behind. However, know that feeling like you are falling behind does not mean you are actually behind in life. Your brain will work to convince you that you are behind by comparing yourself to others.
“The idea that it’s too late for you
actually comes from
a flawed cognitive thought process.”
-Dr. K from HealthyGamerGG
The Practice of the Week
So, we feel behind in life, and now we are keeping the above points in mind…but how do we actually stop feeling behind in life? What can we do, since, as we now know, we can fall into a vicious cycle?
Then, Rowena shares 3 currencies that we can spend to manifest a successful and meaningful life: time, money, and knowledge. When we need one currency, such as money, then we can spend the other two to get it.
Use the following questions provided by Rowena and struthless as journaling prompts to build your definition of success:
- Why is this important to me?
- Will this bring me the peace and fulfillment that I’m seeking?
- What does success mean to me? How do I define success?
- What does it mean to be successful by my definition of success?
- How could deferred success serve me in the long run?
- How is feeling behind in life the best thing that has ever happened to me?
News of the Week
n Invitation to Explore the Feminine
We’ll have a table at this event sharing about EFT Tapping and Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy. Come out and join us on September 30th!
Wyllie Fox Farm
Meg Tobin, LMHC is now an End of Life Doula!
End-of-life doulas provide emotional and physical support, education about the dying process, preparation for what’s to come, and guidance while grieving. Though Meg is not doing traditional doula work, she will work with end-of-life clients and their families utilizing ketamine.
DID YOU KNOW?
OVS may be able to help if you have unreimbursed crime-related expenses, such as medical bills, counseling costs, and funeral expenses, or assist with loss of earnings or support. They can help pay for therapy for crime victims, including Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy!
Unlocking Your Mind:
A Journey to Self-Discovery
Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy Retreat
Two Ketamine Journeys—lots of deep dives into experiential therapy incorporating meditation, writing, art making, yoga, and other body-centered modalities. Step away from the stressors of daily life and fully immerse yourself in the therapeutic process. We will use Ketamine and experiential therapy to break through the stuck places to find more freedom, pace, and motivation!
Zoom Preparation Session: Thursday, October 26th from 6-8 pm.
In-person: Thursday, November 2nd from 4-9 pm.
In-person: Friday, November 3rd from 8:30 am-8 pm.
In-person: Saturday, November 4th from 9 am-5 pm.
In-person: Sunday, November 5th from 8am to 9am.
Zoom Integration Session: Thursday, November 9th from 6-8 pm.
Join Tati, back by popular demand, for her next series of Family Constellations and Sharing of Ancestral Knowledge Workshops!
Tati owns a healing and psychotherapy practice working with sacred plant medicine, ancestral healing, and art therapy in her home in Ecuador.
In April, Tati visited the U.S. for the first time to hold workshops and healing sessions in Erieville and Fayetteville, NY, all of which had such a positive reception that people requested more! Join Tati for her return in October and the next series of workshops and healing sessions.
Family Constellations is a type of therapeutic approach that focuses on exploring the dynamics within a person’s family system, including their relationships with parents, siblings, grandparents, and other family members, even ancestors. This approach can be used to address a variety of issues, such as relationship difficulties, emotional blocks, and unresolved traumas.
This workshop involves a group of participants who come together to explore their own family dynamics through a series of exercises and discussions led by our facilitator, Tatian Davila, a psychotherapist, healer, and seeker of ancestral knowledge. Tati will offer 2 workshops as well as individual healings. The workshops will be held at Breathing Space Studio in Erieville, NY.
The Family Constellations Workshop will be held on October 28, 2023, from 10 am to 4 pm.
The Sharing of Ancestral Knowledge Workshop will be held on October 29, 2023, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Both workshops will be held at Breathing Space Studio
3455 Erieville Road
Erieville, NY 13061
Individual Healing Sessions will be held in Fayetteville, NY from October 30th through November 3rd.
The Thought of the Week
Wishing you a peaceful week!