Offering TELEHEALTH sessions on a secure platform.
Whether you have experienced a one-off traumatic event, are struggling with the cumulative effects of a lifetime of traumas and stressors, have a diagnosis of PTSD or not, you have come to the right place!
This is the place of true healing!
Let us inspire
How does trauma impact me?
Are you on guard waiting for the next bad thing to happen?
Do you feel protective of your friends and family?
Are you experiencing numbness or exhaustion?
Do you avoid certain places or reminders of stressful events or traumas?
Trauma impacts many layers of your being - you may be experiencing difficulty in a number of areas of your life. These are common experiences for people who have suffered trauma or sustain stress in their lives:
- sleeping or eating disturbances
- hyperarousal or startle response
- anger, fear, or sadness
- flashbacks or panic attacks
- physical manifestations like headaches or stomach issues.
- decreased self-esteem
- struggles in relationships
"Trauma is not what happens to you, it's what happens inside you as a result of what happened to you. Trauma is that scarring that makes you less flexible, more rigid, less feeling and more defended." Gabor Mate
How can a Breathing Space therapist support my healing?
We work from the question "What happened to you?" rather than "What is wrong with you?" We recognize that your trauma is stored in your body and to address the root - to REALLY heal - we need to help you understand how your nervous system responded to the trauma.
We offer motivated clients:
- An understanding of how trauma is affecting everyday life
- Skills to regulate overwhelming emotions
- Tools for managing and decreasing flashbacks or disturbing reminders
- Opportunities to rewrite limiting beliefs and narratives
- A strategy for shifting perspective on current struggles.
- True freedom from past pain
Our therapists have experience in the following modalities:
- EFT Tapping
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Anxiety and stress reduction techniques
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Our therapists have walked our own personal walks with stress, trauma, or anxiety. We all continue to do the work of healing in our own lives and can offer a unique perspective on your journey. Each of us is committed to you, the client, being the expert on your own life. We believe our job is to nudge, not push; shine a light in your dark places, not expect you to walk alone; encourage new narratives, not direct your show.
Each therapist at Breathing Space is ready and wanting to welcome YOU!
I want true healing in my life!
Connect here to take your brave next step.